Sunday, September 27, 2009

Feden vs. Luckstone: The Dance Battle

This week, the topic is virtual worlds and how accessible it is for everyone. Through the course I am taking, I was introduced to the following two virtual words:

Whyville (http://www.whyville.net/smmk/nice)

and

Second Life (http://secondlife.com/).

I checked out both websites, made avatars, and explored the different functions. I thought Second Life was particularly more fascinating because of the more realistic 3-D figures and features of the virtual world. After I made my avatar and explored the place a bit, I was getting bored because it felt like I was in a world by myself! So, I called a friend (Feden) and told her to meet me at TC Educator island. We met at the TC main entrance, went to Everett Cafe (no food..), and played around with the different communication options (ex. cry, laugh, "looking good"). We were having too much fun. Then, Feden suggested that we go over to the beach, so, we flew over there. That's when things got more exciting. We took turns sitting on the dancing ball, turned on the Liyana music, and just started dancing. It was so much fun! Check out the video.

More info on Liyana: Liyana is a band composed of 8 members, with varying disabilities, who engage in Afro-fusion style music, which is a blend of Gospel, Reggae, Pop, Folk, and Zimbabwean shona music. If you want to hear more of Liyana, check out http://liyanatour.com/index.cfm.

Just for fun, I have added another video of the Feden vs. Luckstone Dance Battle (part 2)!

Stay tuned for next week's Second Life's Got Talent! :*)

No comments:

Post a Comment